FQHRA is proud to announce our $200,000 Guaranteed Sunshine State Derby!
$5.6 million in 40 days of racing
$140,000 average purses per day
$15,000 purses on major stakes trials
8 Quarter Horse Races per day
American Quarter Horse racing is off and running in Florida! AQHA racing in Florida has come a long way since FQHRA, Inc. was organized in October 2005.
Hialeah Race Park and FQHRA, Inc made the following six year $26.4 million QH Racing agreement:
- Fiscal year 2010-2011 24 days of racing spread over 8 weeks, $100,000 per day.
- Fiscal year 2011-2012 32 days of racing over 11 weeks, $120,000/day
- Fiscal year 2012-2013 30 days of racing over 10 weeks, $120,000/day
- Fiscal year 2013-2014 40 days of racing over 10 weeks, $140,000/day
- Fiscal year 2014-2015 40 days of racing over 10 weeks, $140,000/day
- 40 days of racing over 10 weeks, $140,000/day
Racing Returns to Hialeah Park Dec 26, 2014- March 2, 2015
Stable Area at Hialeah Park Opens December 12, 2014.
Accredited Florida breds will earn 20% more purse money for their owners and breeders over open horses at the 2014/2015 Hialeah Park meet, and 50% of the races will be accredited Florida bred preferred. If you are looking to purchase a Florida bred horse and earn Owners/Breeders awards in future Florida meets,CLICK HERE